Heart of America Glass Collectors
Meeting Highlights & Program
Helen and Gene presented a stunning display of vases from a variety of glass companies. Helen noted that they do not collect vases per se, but they seem to acquire them anyway. Club members were treated to a wide assortment from Cambridge, Consolidated, Fenton, Fostoria, Pilgrim, and Tiffin. The program covered a rainbow of colors and a cornucopia of decorating techniques. It was a depression era Glass 101 workshop!
Highlights of the program:
Show & Tell
Club members brought the following treasures for Show and Tell! Here are some highlights from this meeting. Descriptions of each treasure is found below the pictures using the corresponding number.
1. US Glass Amberina satin glass compote and sandwich tray.
2. On the left is a Green 2-cup measuring cup with egg beater top.
On the right are Viking Owls in green and amber, circa 1970s.
3. NGDA charm set with charms for American Sweetheart, Cameo, Cherry Blossom, Lorrain, and Mayfair.
4. Heisey crystal Kohinoor 2-light candelabra with square bobeches and prisms.
5. Fostoria milk glass Randolph candleholders, made between 1955 and 1965.
6. Fostoria crystal Century double candle holder and Duncan Miller Radiance double candle holder.
7. Cambridge gold trim Wildflower #3121 1 oz cordial; a #3400/71 4-toed nut dish; and a #274 bud vase.
8. Consolidated Wild Geese 9” vase and Jeannette crystal National candleholders.
9. Fostoria crystal Wistar tricorner bowl, circa 1942.